Monday, 12 September 2016

Brioche French Toast ft. Mixed Berry Compote


If you've read my last post, you'd know that I recently went to a pick-your-own farm and got hold of some lovely fresh fruit. Inspired by the presence of such ripe produce at home, my mum asked me to prepare breakfast for the family the following morning - a chore for any other person, but a joy for a dedicated foodie like me. So, I got to work deciding the perfect recipe for a family breakfast feast, and this is what I came up with.


Brioche French Toast ~ Serves 4

4 eggs
2tbsps caster sugar
Few drops of vanilla extract
8tbsps milk
4x thick slices of brioche loaf

Mixed Berry Compote

200g assorted berries (frozen/fresh)
2-3 tbsps of caster sugar 
2 tbsps Lemon juice

First, make the compote. Put all the ingredients into a medium pan and heat gently until the berries begin to release their juices. Then, simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened and jammy.



To make the soaking mix, mix the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla extract until the sugar dissolves. Thoroughly coat the brioche slices in the mixture and fry the slices in butter until golden brown. Serve hot with the mixed berry compote. Enjoy! Optional - this is also great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or yoghurt (how could you refuse!).


Would love to know if you try out this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow